Friday, August 31, 2012

Thoughts on the Republican National Convention


Wilson: The Republican National Convention was been pretty good. Ann Romney was spectacular. 
What has been interesting has been the press coverage. They all look like I used to look when visiting my in laws many years ago. I knew I should be there and they were polite but I knew I wanted to be in friendlier territory counting the minutes until I could get back on that plane.
The press just can't wait to get to the Democrat Convention to praise the great Messiah.

As of today the election is tight. Razor thin, 1 point or less leads exist in several states. 11 states are considered toss ups. Despite the attacks on Romney two states have moved from leaning Obama to toss ups due to recent happenings. Wisconsin 10 votes and Michigan 16 votes.
The experts give Obama the edge and it will be difficult but not impossible for Romney to win. The polls show Obama with 201 votes and Romney with 191 that are outside the margin of error and likely for the candidate.

Here are the Toss Up states and my prediction for election day:
Nevada 6, Colorado 9, Michigan 16, Pennsylvania 20, New Hampshire 4, Virginia 13 break for Obama. Total 68 votes.

Florida 29, North Carolina 15, Ohio 18, Iowa 6, Wisconsin (because of Ryan) 10. Total 78.
Some may disagree and plenty of time for changes but each of these states falling this way is not a stretch. No one would be surprised if Florida were to vote Republican in the end.
So now that you have thought about it have you added up the electorial votes in this scenario?
Answer: Obama 269 Romney 269. A Tie! In fact it is just one of 32 different ways that end in a tie. What does that mean? I'll save that for another time. I do have some experience though. My mother was an elector for Nixon in 1968.
Let's hope for a positive campaign. We can dream anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment