Friday, August 17, 2012

It's Electric!


 WilsonThey said it couldn't be done...they said nobody could do it. The electric deal is a go! The final obstacles have been overcome and a deal is in sight.

The “Fair Price” crowd is being unmasked. They will still fight the sale and there is no such thing as a “fair price” to them. In case you are living marooned on an island and haven’t heard, FPL, the City of Vero Beach, Orlando and the Florida Utility Authority have hammered out an agreement that will save City and County rate payers millions.
Thanks to Tracy Carroll and Pilar Turner and Craig Fletcher for their diligence, and no thanks to Jim Gabbard, Tom White, Sabe Abell, Ken Daige, Bea Gardner and Jay Kramer. 

Special no thanks to former City Attorney and aspiring City Council candidate Charlie Vitunac. No one in history has done more damage to our beautiful, friendly little City than Charles Vitunac. Part of the deal is a $20,000,000 million dollar penalty snuck into the contract and kept secret for years by Charles Vitunac. One man, Charles Vitunac, through incredible malfeasance has now cost our community $20,000,000. An amount equal to 5 years general fund revenues by one man failing in his basic responsibilities. I suggest the Council now look into the terms of his malpractice insurance.

I am just sorry I could not have finished the job citizens elected me to do. Fortunately we were blessed with courageous people to take up the flag. I feel like Moses wandering in the desert for 4 years in exile. I can see the promised land but I won't be there to go in. Maybe they can have a signing ceremony like the president does and I can get one of the pens used to make the signature.

I don't know if anyone will remember the story I recounted during the campaign. The senior lady who came up to me on the street outside of a downtown restaurant. Through tears running down her face she said she was 67 years old and could not afford to keep her electric on and run her breathing machine. To her the electric issue was not just about money, unions, keeping city pensions, it was a matter of life and death. I will never forget her quote, "I never thought it would come to this" she said "where the government would have so much and I would have so little".
I did not get her name but I will never forget her. This agreement is for her wherever she may be.

Elections

Congratulations to all the winners. It’s nice to be an incumbent. They have been returned without exception for two election cycles. Only surprises were the margins of victory and defeat especially the School tax issue and the Harpring Swan contest.

Next Week!

Nuclear war is brewing between the Tea Party and the Republican Party. Can it be avoided?

No comments:

Post a Comment